logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dora Walton  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 8:31:03 AM(UTC)
Dora Walton

Groups: Registered

So I used to work at a Nike leather converse customization store called the Bowery Stadium in downtown New York, and as kids who were working at this Nike customization center, every day my co-workers and I were wearing Converse. It was this funny thing where it was like our "rebellion," being able to wear these shoes instead of wearing Nike, even though Nike obviously owns Converse. I always felt like Converse always had this rebellious edge to it because the punk kids would wear it, the skate kids would wear it, the style kids would wear it, it's always kinda had that air to me. That was my way of being unique. We'd all do our own printing on them.

We had a DTG [direct to garment] printing machine in the store, and so we'd all go make our own custom shoes all the time. For me, as a customization-crazy person, I love shoes like this because I can do whatever I want to them and have so much fun with them. converse shoreline That truly is the core of why it's so fun to work with Converse. We have this shoe that you can do anything with. It's made of cotton canvas, one of the most malleable materials in the game, and it's great to be able to play with that.

There are some tricks up our sleeves (laughs). We're off white converse definitely working on some stuff, and always trying to see how we can push the limit. I think that with any project Chinatown Market is doing, we want to make sure that we're differentiating them. We don't want to pick the same theme and try to execute it time and time again. Just trying to stay unique. Our whole ethos is about inclusive, not exclusive. I want as many people to be able to engage and experience this thing as possible. We want kids to know that if they want something, they can make it themselves. They can go buy a pair of Chucks and make what they want with their own hands. cheap converse That's what we want to inspire. It helps them [the kids] believe that the product is an open platform for them to create.

On the exterior lies a largely traditional template of their cap toe high-top with extra stitching outlining the silhouette of a low; dotted blue lines lie just right above with lateral typography calling for you to "Please cut the BLUE line." Options for customization are aplenty with one able to mix and match they're height preference, constructing themselves a piece almost wholly DIY in aesthetic or one loud in the same ways as the recently released sacai collaborations.

Each colorway is then completed with a repeating logo print on the aforementioned heel strip and a simple white/grey midsole. If you need an all-weather pair in your rotation, you can expect these new Carhartt Converses to release February 21st, exclusively on the Carhartt WIP webstore and at their retail locations.From Brain Dead and CLOT collaborations to the recent "Archive Pack," Converse has been partaking in a wide-reaching experiment with prints, patterns, and textures on the classic Chuck 70 as of late. Now they're back at it again, as a quartet of furry releases dubbed the "Pony Hair" pack is set to arrive on Valentine's Day.

Many have embarked on musical journeys but few have blazed mighty trails like Jimi Hendrix did; the man who made the Strat an extension of his body and the floral-print bellbottoms as bad-$%# as womens converse you can get, Hendrix was and is a musical icon that will be forever remembered as one of the greatest of all time. Old-school meets old-school in this trio of Converse Chuck Taylors featuring unique upper graphics that will look familiar to Hendrix fans; taken from album artwork of Electric Ladyland and Axis: Bold as Love as well as one of his on-stage outfits, this Converse Chuck Taylor Jimi Hendrix Pack should definitely hit the right note of some sneakerheads. Check out the extra shots after the jump and expect UserPostedImage these at select Converse retailers in August 2010. via Carnvenus .